Daniel Johnson

Man Charged With Manslaughter in Edgewater Fentanyl Overdose Death Investigation

EDGEWATER, Florida – The Edgewater Police Department announced the arrest of a man accused of supplying narcotics that led to a 2024 overdose death in Edgewater.

According to investigators, Isaac Bowen died from a drug overdose on April 21, 2024. During the investigation, detectives identified 44-year-old Daniel Paul Johnson of Ocala as the person who allegedly supplied the narcotics involved in Bowen’s death.

Police said investigators obtained evidence including text messages, images, and video that allegedly showed Johnson obtaining drugs for Bowen.

As a result of the investigation, detectives secured an arrest warrant charging Johnson with manslaughter. The warrant carried a $150,000 bond.

Johnson was taken into custody by the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, where he remains jailed.

Authorities also noted that Johnson had previously been arrested on Nov. 11, 2025, on a child neglect charge after an incident in which his child reportedly called 911 for help. Investigators said Johnson had allegedly shown the child how to administer Narcan to him in the event of an overdose. He was on parole for that conviction.

The case was investigated by the Edgewater Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Unit under Detective Cresenzi.